Are you tired of constantly filling in your brows with pencils, gels, or powders, only to have them smudge, fade, or rub off throughout the day? Do you dream of waking up with perfectly shaped, full-looking brows without lifting a finger? If so, you might be interested in the wonder that is microblading.
If you’ve never had your eyebrows microbladed, you may wonder what it is and how long it lasts. Microblading is a semi-permanent tattoo where tiny needles deposit pigment in the skin. It’s gaining popularity as an alternative to eyebrow makeup or hair transplants. Here’s everything you need to know about microblading.
What is microblading?
Microblading is a cosmetic procedure that uses a handheld tool with tiny needles to deposit pigment into the skin of the eyebrow area. The goal is to create natural-looking hair-like strokes that mimic the appearance of natural eyebrows. Unlike traditional eyebrow tattooing, which can look harsh or blocky over time, microblading creates a softer, more realistic effect.
Microblading is also different from other eyebrow treatments like tinting, which only colors the existing brow hairs without changing their shape or thickness. Microblading, however, can fill in gaps, create a fuller shape, or add definition to the eyebrows. It’s also more long-lasting than tinting, which typically lasts only a few weeks.
How is microblading done?
During a microblading appointment, a trained technician at Vanity Aesthetics Lounge will begin by cleaning and numbing the eyebrow area to minimize discomfort. They will then use the microblading tool to create precise incisions in the skin that resemble natural eyebrow hairs.
The technician will choose the pigment color based on the client’s skin tone and hair color and adjust the shape and thickness of the strokes to create a customized look. The entire process can take up to two hours, depending on the desired outcome and the complexity of the eyebrows.
After the procedure, the technician will provide aftercare instructions to help the client’s eyebrows heal properly and maintain their shape and color. It’s essential to avoid getting the eyebrows wet or exposing them to direct sunlight for a few days and to apply a special ointment or cream to the area as required. Some clients may experience minor swelling or redness after the appointment, but these side effects should subside within a few days.
How long does microblading last?
Microblading is a semi-permanent eyebrow treatment, which means that while it’s not permanent like a traditional tattoo, it can last for a considerable time. The expected longevity of microblading results typically ranges from one to three years, depending on various factors.
- One of the main factors that can affect how long microblading lasts is the client’s skin type. Oily skin, for example, tends to break down the pigment faster than dry or normal skin, which can result in fading or blurring strokes.
- Sun exposure can also contribute to the fading of microblading, as UV rays can lighten and alter the color of the pigment over time. Protecting the eyebrows from direct sunlight requires wearing a hat or sunscreen with at least SPF 30.
- Another crucial factor that affects the longevity of microblading is how well the client follows the aftercare instructions. Failure to keep the eyebrow area clean and dry, or to apply the recommended ointment or cream, can lead to infection or premature fading. It’s also important to avoid picking, scratching, or rubbing the area, as this can damage the delicate skin and cause the pigment to come off.
To maintain the best results, it’s recommended to schedule touch-up appointments every six to twelve months, depending on how the eyebrows have faded or changed over time. During a touch-up appointment, the technician can assess the condition of the eyebrows and add more strokes or pigment to areas that have faded or lost shape. The touch-up process is usually quicker and less intense than the initial appointment, as the technician is simply refining the existing work.
What makes microblading different?
Microblading has become increasingly popular because it is unique and benefits those who want fuller, more defined eyebrows. Some of the critical benefits of microblading include the following:
Natural-looking results: Microblading creates hair-like strokes that mimic the appearance of real eyebrows, resulting in a more natural and realistic look than other eyebrow treatments. It is essential for those with sparse or thin eyebrows or who have lost their eyebrows due to chemotherapy or other medical conditions.
Time-saving: With microblading, there’s no need to spend time filling in your eyebrows every day. It can benefit those with busy schedules or who want to simplify their makeup routines.
Boosts confidence and self-esteem: Many people feel more confident and self-assured when they have well-defined eyebrows. Microblading can help enhance natural features, create balance and symmetry, and provide a sense of self-assurance that can carry over into other areas of life.
Customized results: During a microblading appointment, the technician will work with the client to create a customized look that enhances their natural features and complements their facial shape and skin tone. Every microblading treatment is unique and tailored to the individual client.
Long-lasting results: While microblading is not permanent, it can last several years with proper care and maintenance. It means that clients can enjoy hassle-free, well-defined eyebrows without the need for frequent touch-ups or maintenance.
How do you take care of your microblade brows?
Aftercare is essential to ensure optimal results and longevity after a microblading procedure. Here are some tips for taking care of your eyebrows after microblading:
- Keep the eyebrow area dry and clean. For the first few days after the procedure, avoiding getting the eyebrow area wet is essential, as this can cause the pigment to come off or blur. It means no swimming, showering, or sweating. It’s also vital to keep the eyebrow area clean to prevent infection. Use a gentle cleanser and avoid rubbing or scrubbing the area.
- Apply recommended ointment or cream. Your technician will provide you with a lotion or cream to apply to the eyebrow area for the first few days after the procedure. It helps to protect the area from infection and promotes healing. Follow the instructions carefully, and don’t overapply.
- Avoid picking or scratching. It’s important to avoid picking or scratching the eyebrow area, as this can cause the pigment to come off or blur. It can also cause infection or scarring.
Microblading is an effective way to get fuller brows.
Microblading is an excellent option for those who want fuller, more defined eyebrows that look natural and last up to several years. While the procedure requires some aftercare and maintenance, the benefits of hassle-free, well-defined eyebrows can be well worth the effort. By choosing a reputable and skilled technician and following aftercare instructions carefully, clients can enjoy the benefits of microblading for a long time.
If you’re considering microblading, contact us at Vanity Aesthetics Lounge. Our team of experienced professionals can help create a customized look that enhances your natural features and complements your facial shape and skin tone. You will be satisfied with the results!